Welcome to Dr. Joshua Green's Center for Vasectomy Reversal on the Beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida.
As an expert in the complex field of microsurgery and male infertility, Joshua Green, M.D. created this website as a resource for men and women who would like to learn more about becoming a parent after vasectomy. Whether you are looking for an expert in vasectomy reversal in the Tampa Bay region of southwest Florida, or are just gathering information at the start of your journey, this website offers everything you need to know.
Dr. Joshua Green specializes in performing microsurgical vasovasostomy, commonly referred to as vasectomy reversal. He has performed hundreds of microscopic infertility procedures and takes great pride in his remarkable success rates. Dr. Green is meticulous in his surgical technique, maximizing his visualization with a state-of-the-art, high-power operating microscope. Microscopic sutures, which are about 1/3 the diameter of a human hair, are utilized to create a multilayered reconnection of the vas deferens to maximize patency. All cases are performed in an accredited surgery center located in Sarasota, Florida, less than 35 miles from Tampa Bay. A Board-Certified anesthesiologist is involved with every case to ensure your total comfort during the procedure.
Feel welcome to browse our website to discover all that Joshua Green, M.D. has to offer. If you would like to discuss your specific situation with Dr. Green, either in person or over the phone, please give us a call at 941-894-6428 or fill out the contact information above, to arrange your free consultation.
Video Message From Dr. Green
Click on the video to learn more about my Center for Vasectomy Reversal and to hear about one couple’s journey.
LATEST NEWS DIGEST
- ICSI: Your Step-By-Step OverviewWhile vasectomy reversal is the most common procedure to restore fertility for men who have undergone a vasectomy, there are circumstances where it makes sense to consider other surgical alternatives, such as sperm aspiration. With sperm aspiration, sperm is directly obtained from the epididymis through a needle guided by an operating microscope. This is act […]
- Can Eating Disorders Cause Male Infertility?Both eating disorders and infertility in men are underrecognized, yet common health concerns; incidentally, the two can go hand in hand. Eating disorders can cause lasting damage to the body and may result in infertility in men. Often, eating disorders are only associated with women, but men account for about 5-15% of anorexia and bulimia cases and 35% of bi […]
- Is Nausea Normal After General Anesthesia?Before you undergo a vasectomy reversal, you’ll consult the anesthesiologist to discuss your options. You may prefer general anesthesia, which will completely put you to sleep. However, you should be aware that general anesthesia can cause some side effects. One of those is nausea. Why Surgery Leads to Nausea Some people are more susceptible than others to n […]
- Nicknames to Consider for These Popular Baby NamesOnce you get the exciting news that your vasectomy reversal has indeed been successful, and you and your partner are expecting, it’s time to start thinking about baby names! There are lots of factors to consider when choosing a great baby name, such as family traditions, cultural heritage, and of course, the nickname possibilities. Watch this featured video […]
- Is Reversal Success Affected by a Cauterized and Tied Vas?Vasectomy reversals are highly complex, delicate procedures that require the expertise of a specialist. The success of this procedure is dependent on many factors. However, it isn’t heavily influenced by whether the original vasectomy surgeon cauterized and tied the vas deferens. (Usually, the original surgeon will either cauterize or tie off the vas, rather […]